A mentally ill man makes a new friend.
A man dies and then reviews his life with god.
A neo Nazi is given a second chance.
A mother and son have a fight.
A man snaps and tries to kill his boss.
A boy hibernates with an owl.
A man in hospital remembers his past.
An unhappy woman invites her family to church.
A man is caught in the act.
Post existential humanist writing, creative photography, in depth look into the chaos of human relationships.
From "On meeting A Dead Body"
Deep Surfing Alligator
sailing through the blue ripples
like they were made for you
but never fear because it's here
soon you will feel the wrestle,
that familiar vessel,
of which you thought
you'd gotten rid.
Επιλογή διηγημάτων από το έργο "Νουβέλες της Πεσκάρας" του Ιταλού συγγραφέα και ποιητή Γκαμπριέλε Ντ' Ανούντσιο.
Selected short stories from the book "Le novelle della Pescara" of the Italian writter Gabriele D' Annunzio.
Pearl Singleton, a forest ranger at the Pemberton Wildlife Preserve, is going to show eighteen year old Shawn Mariano her Osborne Smoke Finder, all six varieties of New England ferns, a beaver dam, and something he never bargained for.
A straight-laced ex-nun must decide what to do with a stolen Sony Trinitron TV. The arrival of a Russian Jew in the apartment complex where she lives resolves the matter of the ’hot’ TV while opening another can of existential worms.
* Sixteen-year-old Ned Scoletti is travelling north on a Greyhound bus from Fort Pierce, Florida to Spaulding, Massachusetts, to visit Aunt Josie. Problem is, his mother’s identical twin sister died when Nick was just a toddler. Or did she?
* Jesse Caldwell, an auto mechanic, is painfully shy, lives at home and hates his moronic life. Miranda Huffington suffers from a gimpy leg and equally stunted personality. This is not your standard Harlequin romance.
* Bartholomew ...
* Lenny slept with Elsie McGivney, a woman so dim-witted she can't make change or hold down an entry-level job. Lenny bedded the chucklehead but got no sex in the bargain. So why is he going back for more?
* Bethany Glaspell approached the first-ever meeting with Great-uncle Vern, a man who returned from the jungles of Vietnam with a Hmong bride and warped personality, much as a cat burglar might plan his next heist, telling no one, neither friend nor family, her intent...
* A young boy spends a magical weekend with his sister, a former collegiate track star crippled in a freak accident. During the visit he learns a poignant lesson about the resilience of monarch butterflies and the human heart
* Mrs. Chowdhary named her youngest daughter after Saint Theresa, the Little Flower of Jesus. Unfortunately, Terry has more in common with Attila the Hun than her nineteenth century namesake.
* Marcie Callahan’s parents run around the house in the...
* Grace Paulson’s train wreck of a personal life takes a turn for the better when the elementary school teacher meets a gifted artisan whose handmade jewelry boxes are featured at the local museum. Well-versed in nineteenth century Russian literature, Carl Solomon also happens to be the school janitor.
* Following his divorce, Dr. Stanley Gilford, chief of cardiology at Our Lady of Fatima Hospital, restructured his life on the guiding principle of maximum gain, minimu...
AVoD is a long, short story full of pizzazz and physics; perfect for the reader who can appreciate delusions of grandeur and stomach words such as tensors and geodesics.
La firma Auladian Asesores explota a sus empleados. Muchos padecen estrés crónico por la sobrecarga de trabajo, los horarios interminables, los menosprecios por parte del jefe y el temor constante a ser despedidos por cualquier nimiedad.
Nuestro protagonista es un ejecutivo de la firma que sufre como el que más los abusos y desvaríos de Vicente, el jefe.
En un momento dado, las cosas se ponen feas y es despedido.
En los peores años de la crisis, se verá obligado a dea...
Seventeen year-old Laurel Evers is running off to a fictional village in rural Maine in search of an idyllic existence that hasn’t existed since the era of the horse and buggy. Life was simpler, idyllic then. People meandered about in horse-drawn wagons, fished, grew their own potato crops and made throat lozenges from locally-grown spearmint boiled in metal cauldrons over the stove. Women braided floor mats from swamp-grown rushes, and even fashioned sandals from those ...
Misfeasance, malfeasance, nonfeasance – Jason Flanagan needs to make restitution for a crime committed fifteen years earlier. Problem is, the moral indiscretion isn’t punishable in any court of law.